Market saturation continues in most communications markets, putting pressure on margins. Rapid growth of the “digital economy” continues to drive investment to meet service and resulting bandwidth demands. The major drivers for managers are innovating new sources of revenue, reducing operating costs, and improving customer loyalty through improved experience.
TM Forum standards and services provide the critical market tools to help service providers of all types provide innovative services on streamlined, agile, and lower cost service creation & delivery platforms.
|TM Forum Standards and Services
TM Forum provides best practices, standards, guidebooks, and frameworks for the communications industry, including cable MSO, defense, media, and cloud segments.
As the world’s leading industry association focused on enabling best-in-class IT for service providers, the Forum, through its Collaboration Program, leverages the extensive expertise of its more than 750 corporate members to provide business-critical industry standards and expertise to enable the creation, delivery, and monetization of digital services.
TM Forum Frameworx—an integrated business architecture for rationalizing operational IT, processes, and systems—is undergoing rapid adoption in the industry, with 18 of top 20 global service providers now using Frameworx. Frameworx standards take the form of documents, models, specifications, and software code.
The Frameworx suite of standards and best practices is composed of:
TM Forum support services include:
TM Forum standards are:
- Adopted by service providers and suppliers worldwide
- Easy to adopt and integrate, reducing the cost of integration
- Highly flexible, to support easy integration of new services and technologies
- Independent of vendor implementations
- Used to simplify RFx development, response, and support
As a result, service providers can:
- Reduce their operational costs while maintaining and increasing revenues
- Maximize operational efficiencies
- Improve business agility
- Reduce risk through industry standard approaches
- Speed time to market for new services
- Enable business transformation
- Improve customer experience and reduce customer churn