- By 2018, digital business will require 50% fewer business process workers and 500% more key digital business jobs, compared with traditional models.
- By 2017, a significant and disruptive digital business will be launched that was conceived by a computer algorithm.
- By 2018, the total cost of ownership for business operations will be reduced by 30% through smart machines and industrialized services.
- By 2020, developed world life expectancy will increase by a half-year, due to the widespread adoption of wireless health monitoring technology.
- By YE16, more than $2 billion in online shopping will be performed exclusively by mobile digital assistants.
- By 2017, U.S. customers’ mobile engagement behavior will drive mobile commerce revenue in the U.S. to 50% of U.S. digital commerce revenue.
- By 2017, 70% of successful digital business models will rely on deliberately unstable processes designed to shift as customers’ needs shift.
- By 2017, 50% of consumer product investments will be redirected to customer experience innovations.
- By 2017, nearly 20% of durable goods “e-tailers” will use 3D printing to create personalized product offerings.
- By 2020, retail businesses that use targeted messaging in combination with internal positioning systems will see a 5% increase in sales.
Source : http://www.gartner.com/imagesrv/symposium/barcelona/docs/Symp-2014-Barcelona-Trip-Report.pdf
More : Gartner’s Top 10 Strategic Predictions for 2015 and Beyond: Digital Business Is Driving ‘Big Change’